Stories of Redemption
Since we have settled into what we pray will be our long-standing home here in Serbia, we have been privileged to receive precious people in. We would like to share just a couple of their stories here as hearing them ourselves encouraged us greatly.
The Man Who Didn’t Die
He has openly shared his story with us so it is no breach to share it here as it is a profound account of God’s mercy extended toward us! It begins as a story of one who had all the connections to the wrong things. One thing indeed led to another and he ended up being in a mortal car accident. His friend, who was driving the vehicle met his end that day, and this dear brother although trapped within a contorted piece of steel suffered little harm. Moments before the wreck happened, he called out to Christ to save his soul, as he was aware that was his need from being ministered to by the ministry here, and God did indeed save him that day. Many things followed that day, he left his old life and friends just days before consequence found them all, he to this day is being cleansed of the substances that once had their hold on his life, and above all Mercy precedes justice in his life as God has time and time again spared him from dire consequences all to reveal his dear place as God’s child. Pray for Vlad as God continues to glorify Christ through his life.
The Man of a Holy Heritage
This man has been an absolute gift to us as he bears the marks of our Savior in his life. Christ found him in Central Asia where his faith put him at odds with his very own family. over time the country he comes from determined that he had to decide between identifying as Muslim or Orthodox and he chose neither as he identified as we do, believers of the most-High Jesus Christ. This decision put him in the very same prison that he once used as he was ministering Christ to young prisoners. But God made a way of escape by means of an orthodox priest who pitied his situation thus giving him asylum in Serbia. He exclaims that his home is heaven and it is a joy to partake of the suffering he has endured and still endures as he is estranged from his very own children. He shares his faith powerfully and has been an absolute blessing to us as we witness his life.
The Harvest of Joy
Day to day here has been a great witness to us that God is intent on following through with ALL that He has promised. All the situations have panned out to be great good, trials of our faith have worked great fortitude of character worth its weight in gold, the quiet times of uncertainty have resonated with words from God’s throne revealing that this truly is the way to walk out a Christian life. The reception here, like anywhere is unique to its people and culture. The people here in Serbia are so kind, helpful, and carry a great sense of moral duty within their hearts to honor God. Orthodox Christianity has its fruit here but many are not receiving the glorious gospel within that context. The Bible has little authority within this context and traditions are in constant state of re-interpretation resulting in a religious identity with no spiritual reality. The concepts of attending a local church regularly is quite foreign and can at times be a large ask for those unfamiliar with the precious treasure of the body of Christ. But the fields are WHITE, the nation stands vastly unreached with people groups from all over the world, many peoples from the 10-40 window! There is a great harvest of joy here and it is worth its weight in prayers with tears.
Prayers Answered and Prayers to keep before the Throne
- Entry into the Country with little to no complications
- Full recovery from COVID that we contracted not long before travel.
- Connections to individuals who would direct us to a great apt and home.
- A home with a landlord willing to provide legal papers to police
- ongoing contact with those we meet in evangelism
- Vietnamese contacts and opportunity to distribute 200 tracts to unreached Vietnamese
- Provision for a Piano for the church(Happened a day after praying!!)
- Provision for what is required in country, THANK YOU TO ALL WHO SUPPORT US AND HAVE SUPPORTED US
- Visa Extension, we are praying for a year term
- Church growth as people are coming, we pray that needs can be met accordingly
- Bible College, more students are attending and we pray for future leaders that are no doubt within already
- Skillfulness in the language along with great connections to conversational partners
- Inroads to the Schools in the area to conduct Biblical ethics courses or Bible clubs
- Ongoing wisdom to rightly steward both our time and resources in reaching the people of Serbia
- Church logistics(building, areas for camps, great prices for Kidszone camps this summer, outreach events with coming holidays)
- Military and Political Neutrality in the Balkans regarding War